On March 17, 2012 at approximately 0030 hours, Greenville Police Officers responded to 1801 E. 1st Street in reference to a burglary. While investigating that incident, officers were able to locate and apprehend the suspect a short distance away.
During the course of that investigation, Detectives with the Greenville Police Department’s Special Victims Unit were able to link the suspect to a sexual assault that was reported on January 8, 2012 at 500 Boxelder Way and a second sexual assault at 400 W. 1st Street that was reported on February 24, 2012. The suspect has been charged with the following offenses related to these incidents:
· 1 count Attempted Second Degree Sex Offense - reported on January 8 (Case # 2012-1582)
· 1 count Second Degree Sex Offense – reported on February 24 (case # 2012-12008)
· 1 count Second Degree Burglary – reported on March 17 (Case # 2012-17182)
· 1 count Larceny after Breaking & Entering – reported March 17 (Case # 2012-17182)
· 1 count Assault on a Female – reported March 17 (Case # 2012-17182).
Arrested: Jermaine Martel Doughty DOB: 12/15/1982
1908 Rosemont Circle #18 Greenville, NC
Doughty was confined in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $140,000 Secured bond.